Ingredients (Makes 10 to 12 pieces)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
Cooling time – 1 hour
- Besan flour – 1/2 cup, heaped
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
- Sift the besan flour well.
- Add sugar to 3/4 cup water and allow it to boil.
- Boil till it forms a one string consistency.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter / ghee in a wide pan.
- Remove the residues. Switch off the flame. Add the sifted besan flour to it.
- Mix well with a whisker to avoid lumps.
- Now add the sugar syrup to the ghee besan mixture in parts in medium flame.
- Stir them continuously adding ghee in between.
- Continue stirring till the mixture thickens and leaves the pan.
- Grease a plate with ghee / butter.
- Pour the prepared mixture to the greased plate. Allow it to cool. Once cooked, cut them to desired size pieces.