Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Refrigerated Idlis – 10 to 12
- Onion – 1, sliced
- Ginger garlic paste – 1.5 tsp
- Green Bell pepper – 1, cubed
- Red Bell pepper – 1, cubed
- Yellow Bell pepper – 1, cubed
- Tomato Sauce – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Green Chilli – 1 small, slit
- Chilli Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cardamom – 2, Crushed
- Cut the refrigerated idlis into cubes. Deep fry them until they are crispy and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. When oil is hot, drop the idlies in batches to fry them golden brown.
- In a pan, add oil, cardamom, bayleaf, Jeera. Once the jeera splutters, add onion, green chilli, ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the bell peppers, turmeric, coriander powder, salt and mix well.
- Cook in medium flame for 6 to 8 mins.
- Add the red chilli sauce, tomato sauce and water. Mix them well and Cook for a minute.
- Add the fried idlis and toss well. Switch off the stove and add lemon juice. Garnish with Coriander leaves.