Ingredients (Serves 3 to 4)
|Soaking time – Overnight|
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Pattani / Peas – 1 cup
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Sesame oil – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Dried Red Chilli – 2, broken
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Hing / Asafoetida – a pinch
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Raw Mango – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Salt – as required
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Wash and soak the peas overnight.
- Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles with enough water.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard, urad dal, curry leave, Red chilli and hing.
- Once it starts to splutter, add onion and fry until it changes color.
- Add the boiled peas, salt and cook for 4 to 5 mins in medium flame. Garnish with Coriander leaves.
- Switch off the flame and add the raw mango and toss.
- The yummy pattani sundal is ready !!!
- You can omit the onions if required !!!