Ingredients (Serves 3 to 4)
|Soaking time – Overnight|
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Dry chickpeas – 1 cup, soaked overnight
- Coconut – 1/8 cup
- Coconut Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Red chillies – 2, broken
- Split urad dal – 1 tsp
- Hing – 1/8 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Salt – as needed
- Soak chickpeas overnight. Change the water and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles in enough water and salt.
- Drain the excess water and keep the cooked chickpeas aside.
- In a pan, add mustard and when it starts to splutter, add red chillies, urad dal, hing and curry leaves.
- Add the chickpeas and salt if needed. Mix well and sauté for a min.
- Add the grated coconut and give a stir.
- Switch off the flame and serve !!! It can be had as a snack or an accompaniment for any variety rice like tomato rice.