Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 25 mins
- Sweet potatoes- 2 medium
- Onion powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Corn flour – 1.5 tbsp
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – to deep fry
For the dip
- Mayonnaise- 1/4 cup
- Garlic – 1, grated finely
- Salt – a pinch
- Pepper – a pinch
- Lime juice – 1/2 tsp
- Peel the skin of the sweet potatoes and chope them into equal sized sticks.
- Boil water and add the chopped sweet potatoes to it.
- Cook for 3 mins and then drain the water. Add the sweet potatoes to cold water immediately to stop it from cooking further.
- Heat oil in a pan to deep fry.
- In a bowl add onion powder, garlic powder, salt, corn flour, rice flour and mix well.
- When ready to cook filter the half cooked sweet potato and allow it to dry.
- Add the drained sweet potatoes to the spice bowl and toss to coat it well.
- Drop the sweet potatoes in oil when hot. Flip and cook evenly on all sides.
- Once cooked transfer to a kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
- For the dip add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well.
- Don’t boil the sweet potatoes for too long as they can get soggy.
- Dry well and then mix in the spices to get crispy fries.