Pav Bhaji is a fast food from India. It consists of a vegetable gravy served with a soft bread roll. It is a delicious blend of mixed vegetables cooked in butter and spices.
Bhaji is mashed vegetables cooked with spices and Pav is Indian bread. This post will guide you to make easy Pav Bhaji which can be had as a snack or dinner.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Pav – 10 to 12
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Carrot – 1, finely chopped
- Potatoes – 3, finely chopped
- Beans – 8 to 10, finely chopped
- Frozen peas – handful
- Green chilli – 2, slit
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Green bell pepper – 1, finely chopped
- Tomato – 3, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Butter / Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Pav Bhaji masala – 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Finely chop all the vegetables.
- Pressure cook carrots, potatoes and beans with little salt and turmeric for 4 whistles.
- In a pan, add butter, jeera, green chilli and cook for a minute.
- Add onions, ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add green bell pepper and fry for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and cook for 3 minutes until tomatoes are mushy.
- Add the cooked veggies, peas(frozen) along with water.
- Add spice powders and saute for a minute.
- With the help of a potato masher, mash the vegetables.
- Cover and cook for a minute until the gravy thickens.
- Switch off the stove and add lemon juice. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- In a tawa, add butter and sprinkle pav bhaji masala.
- Cut the pav and add it to the tawa.
- Toast both sides until golden brown.
Serve the pav with the bhaji for a yummy treat !!!