Thattu vadai set is a very popular street food in Tamil Nadu. It is like a sandwich made with thattu vadai / thattai along with our preferred vegetables, green chutney, tamarind chutney and red chutney. I have used carrots, onions and beetroots.
This is a kids favorite recipe !!!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
- Thattai – 10 to 12 pieces
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Carrot – 1/2, finely chopped / grated
- Beetroot – 1/2, finely chopped / grated
- Green Chutney – 2 tbsp
- Tamarind Chutney – 2 tbsp
- Red Chutney – 2 tsp
- Salt – As required
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing.
- Finely chop / grate the vegetables.
- In a place, place a thattai and layer with the vegetables on the top.
- Add 1 tsp of green chutney, red chutney and tamarind chutney.
- Add a pinch of salt and chaat masala.
- Add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Sandwich it with a piece of thattai and serve.
The yummy thattu vadai set is ready !!!