Kesari is an easy and tasty dessert that can prepared quickly at home. Adding fruits to Kesari enhances the sweetness and also helps to reduce the sugar used. Cherimoya / Custard Apple is generally sweet and creamy. They are rich in minerals and vitamins and also helps in improving the immunity.
Custard apple Kesari is prepared by using rava, sugar and custard apple and gets ready in less than 15 mins.
Ingredients (Serves 4 to 5)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Custard apple – 1
- Rava – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Cashew nuts – 7 to 8
- Dry Grapes – 1 tbsp
- Deseed and remove the pulp from the custard apple.
- Blend the pulp in a blender. You can blend it smooth or coarse as you prefer. I blended coarse.
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp ghee and roast the rava to slight brown.
- Add water mix well so no lumps formed.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and stir well.
- Cook in medium flame stirring continuously for around 7 mins.
- Add the custard apple mixture and cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- Switch off the flame.
- Fry cashews till golden brown in ghee and add to the Kesari.
- Fry dry grapes in ghee and add it too.
Relish the simple and delicious custard apple Kesari at home ! We loved the tiny bits of custard apple in the Kesari along with the smooth texture of the rava.
- I prefer mild sweetness, increase the sweetness if you prefer more.
- Custard apple seeds should be discarded as they might be toxic.