After trying the pumpkin fudge and the granola bars , I was just waiting to try energy bites .
The pumpkin energy balls is a chewy, tasty bites that can be prepared by using pumpkin purée, rolled oats and honey/ maple syrup along with nut butter. I have used a mix of peanut and almond butter. You can use either of one too. You can roast the oats before using it. I wanted a simpler and quicker version so skipped this step.
Ingredients (Makes 30 balls)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 10 mins
Refrigerating time – 4 to 5 hours
- Pumpkin – 1 small, peeled and cubed
- Rolled oats – 2.5 cups
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch, grated
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Almond butter – 1/4 cup
- Peanut butter – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Maple syrup – 1/4 cup
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- To prepare pumpkin purée sauté the pumpkin in 1 tsp oil with salt.
- Cool it down and grind it to a smooth purée.
- Add all the other ingredients except oats and give a pulse.
- Transfer to a bowl and add in the rolled oats to prepare a smooth dough consistency.
- Chill for 5 hours.
- Roll balls out of the bowl. You can use coconut oil to roll if the dough is sticky.
- Arrange it in a plate lined with baking sheet.
- Chill it overnight. Stays good for a week refrigerated.
Enjoy the healthy, tasty and easy pumpkin energy balls !!
Keep it in refrigerator and use as it tends to get more chewy with time.