Chaat has many variations and I simply love everything. This chaat is prepared by mixing chickpeas, dahi, boiled potatoes, crispy sev and topped with sour and spicy green chutney and tangy dates tamarind chutney.
A perfect snack or a light dinner for any day. Can make variations according to your preference.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Soaking time – Overnight|
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Channa – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 2 small, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 big, finely choppd
- Potatoes – 2, halved
- Green chutney – as needed
- Dates Tamarind chutney – as needed
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Sev – as needed
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Lime Juice – from 1/2 lemon
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Salt – as needed
- Soak channa overnight and pressure cook for 5 whistles in enough water and salt. drain the water and let it cool.
- Boil the potatoes / pressure cook them for 4 whistles.
- Peel the skin and mash them well with a little salt.
- In a bowl, add the cooked channa, chaat masala and red chilli powder.
- Add the chopped onion, tomatoes and mashed potatoes.
- Add the tamarind chutney and mix well.
- Add curd and top with green chutney and garnish with sev, coriander leaves.
Enjoy the flavour and taste of the popular street food of India at home according to your taste !!