Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable rich in nutrients, fibers, fatty acids and vitamins that help regulating blood pressure in the body. It is also rich in anti oxidants and improves your immune system and digestion.
I love trying Broccoli in different forms. In this recipe I have pan roasted the marinated Broccoli and added it to the tahini yogurt which enhances the taste of the dish and makes it mouth watering and luscious. Tahini is made from sesame seeds and is an awesome staple.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Broccoli – 2, medium sized
- Tahini – 3 tbsp
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Olive oil – as required
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Lemon zest – 1/4 tsp
- Separate the broccoli florets and immerse them in hot water with salt for 5 to 10 mins and drain them.
- You can prepare tahini before too. Refer this recipe for the preparation of homemade tahini.
- Marinate the blanched broccoli with cumin powder, 1/4 tsp pepper powder and red chilli powder for 10 mins. Mix them well.
- In a pan, add oil, onion, garlic and saute until onions turn brown.
- Add the marinated broccoli florets.
- Switch off once the broccoli is roasted well.
- To prepare the sauce, add yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, 1/4 tsp pepper powder and salt to a blender. Blend them well.
- In a plate, set the base with the sauce and place the roasted broccoli on it.
- Top with some more tahini yogurt and serve.
The yummy roasted broccoli with tahini yogurt is a great starter / appetizer !!!