French toast is generally made of sliced bread soaked in eggs and milk, then pan fried. Here, I have tried the egg less version.
French toast can be prepared as a sweet / savory dish. In the sweet version of French toast, milk, vanilla essence, cinnamon are added before pan-frying and then topped with sugar / maple syrup / fruits. This is a quick and kids favorite breakfast option.
Ingredients (makes 3 slices)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 10 mins
- White bread – 3 big slices
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar – 1/2 tbsp (optional)
- Butter – as needed
- Maple syrup – as needed
- Banana – As needed, cut into pieces
- Mix milk, corn flour, cinnamon powder, vanilla essence, brown sugar in a large bowl and whisk well.
- Take a slice of white bread and soak in the mixture for 10 secs and flip and soak for additional 3 secs.
- Heat a pan, add butter and when it’s hot add the soaked bread to it.
- Cook in medium flame till golden brown.
- Flip and cook the bread adding a little more butter if needed.
- Repeat the steps for the other slices too.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top and serve along with the cut banana pieces.
The eggless French toast is so delicious and is a perfect breakfast any day!