Bombay chutney is a super quick yet delicious accompaniment that you can have with Idli / Dosa / poori / Chapati. It’s made with besan flour / kadalai maavu / chick pea flour as main ingredient along with tomato onion and spices.
Try this simple and easy recipe and let us know your comments.
Ingredients (Serves 3 to 4)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Kadalai Maavu / Besan flour – 2 tbsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Onion – 1, chopped finely
- Tomato – 1, chopped finely
- Green chilli – 2, slit
- Ginger – 1 inch, sliced thin
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Lime juice – from half lemon
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal – 1/2 tbsp
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Salt – as needed
- Mix 2 tbsp besan flour in 2 cups water well so no lumps are formed.
- In a pan, heat oil, add mustard and when it splutters, add urad dal, channa dal, hing and curry leaves.
- Add green chilli, ginger and fry for few secs.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till they turn transparent.
- Add tomato, salt and fry fry till they turn mushy.
- Add the besan flour mixture to the pan.
- Ad turmeric powder. Mix well and cook covered for nearly 8 to 10mins.
- Open and check for the consistency. Add salt if required.
- Switch off and add lime juice. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
- Adjust the consistency as per your preference. We like to have it runny.
We had it with dosa and it was so yumm!!!