Mor Kuzhambu is a simple yet delicious gravy from the South Indian cuisine made from buttermilk and vegetables like ladies finger, pumpkin, ash gourd.
It can be had as an accompaniment with rice. Here, I have made vendakkai / ladies finger mor kuzhambu and we had with white rice and vegetable fry.
Coconut oil is used for tempering and it adds a distinct flavour to the dish.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Ladies finger/ Vendakkai – 8 to 10
- Curd – 1 cup
- Turmeric – 1/8 tsp
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Green chilli – 2
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Coriander seeds – 1.5 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Red chilli – 2, broken
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Cut the ladies finger into big pieces.
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil and fry ladies finger with salt added till they are cooked and not sticky and switch off.
- In a blender, add coconut, green chillies, coriander seeds, jeera and ginger with 1/4 cup water to a fine paste.
- Whisk curd with turmeric and salt.
- Add the prepared paste to the whisked curd and give a pulse.
- Add the curd mix to the fried ladies finger and cook in low flame.
- Switch off the when it starts to get frothy.
- Now, temper with coconut oil, red chillies and curry leaves and mix well.
The flavorful and tasty mor kuzhambu is ready!
We had the mor kuzhambu with rice and arbi / seppankizhangu fry and the combo was yummmm !!!