Creamy and cheesy baked Zucchini and potatoes seasoned with parsley and thyme serves as a great appetizer. It’s wholesome and filling and is so easy to prepare too !!
This recipe was prepared by my dear friend Monisha Thiyagarajan.
Hi guys, I am Monisha. As a life science graduate and as a researcher I spent lot of my time at lab. I love to do experiments, not only with science but also with food, arts and crafts. Cooking, painting, interior decoration and rangoli have always been my stress busters.
Cooking and rangoli are close to my heart as i learnt those from my mom. She is good at recreation. Whenever she tastes a new dish at restaurants or in functions, she use to make her own recipe to recreate it at home. That’s how i know, its fun to experiment in food lab.
Its my pleasure to share few recipes for sweskitchen. Here i’m presenting you one of my experimented recipes, simple yet delicious baked zucchini and potato, which goes well as a side for any Italian main course.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 50 mins
- Zucchini – 1, cut into circles
- Potato – 2 , cut into thin circles
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Dried Onion flakes – 1 tsp
- Dried Parsley – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Thyme – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – as needed
- Thickened cream – 1/2 cup
- Parmesan Cheese – as needed, grated
- Salt – as needed
- Mix the herbs, salt and pepper and whisk it well with cream. You can use a mixture of cream and milk as well instead of full cream.
- Peel potato and slice them thin. Slice Zuchinni thicker than potato.
- Arrange them in a baking dish. I have placed two slices of potatoes between slices of Zuchinni for them to get baked evenly.
- Add olive oil on the Zuchinni and potato.
- Add the grated cheese on top .
- Pour in the prepared cream mix on the dish to coat all the Zuchinni and potato.
- Preheat the oven at 180* F for 10 minutes.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 35 mins in bake mode. To get a golden brown crust, place the dish in grill mode for 5 more minutes.
- Switch off and serve warm !!
Luscious baked Zucchini and Potato is ready !! It can be served as an appetizer / side. We had with pasta and soup and was an wholesome complete meal !!!!