A quick and easy dessert recipe which can be made for any festival. This is a rich and mouth-watering kheer that can prepared in very less time.
You can use store bought fresh paneer / frozen paneer. Using fresh paneer gives better results.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Full fat milk – 2.5 cups
- Paneer – 3/4 cup, crumbled
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Cardamom – 2, crushed
- Mixed nuts – 3 tbsp
- Saffron – 10 to 12 strands
- Rose Essence – 1/8 tsp
- Boil milk in a pan. Stir well in medium flame and wait for it to thicken.
- After around 7 mins, add sugar and few saffron strands, crushed cardamom and mix well.
- Let it boil for 3 mins. Now add the crumbled paneer and continue to cook for 2 mins.
- Add the remaining saffron strands and the nuts.
- Add the rose essence and mix well.
- When it starts to boil, switch off the flame.
You can serve it hot or cold !! I loved the chilled kheer !!
- Use full fat milk for a rich taste.
- The colour gets brighter with time. I love the colour.
- If using frozen paneer, immerse it in hot water till use and crumble.