Sweet Potatoes are rich in fibre and carbohydrates, when taken in moderate quantities they are nutritious and a good source of vitamin A. In this recipe, I have tried Mashed sweet potatoes with spicy Sriracha sauce from the Thai cuisine.
The homemade sriracha sauce is hot, spicy and intensifies the flavour and taste of the sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes with spicy sauce is so yumm that you will want more definitely !!!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Sweet Potatoes – 2, cut into halves
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Garlic – 4, chopped
- Carrot – 1/2, chopped
- Sriracha sauce – 2.5 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash and cut the sweet potatoes to half.
- Steam them for 15 to 20 mins in medium flame till done.
- Cool down and remove the skin of the sweet potatoes.
- Mash the sweet potatoes well.
- In a pan, add oil, onion, garlic and sauté till they change colour.
- Add carrot, salt and sauté for 2 mins till they are cooked yet crunchy.
- Add the sriracha sauce and mix.
- Add the mashed sweet potato, salt and mix well.
- Switch off and garnish with coriander leaves.
Enjoy the spicy sweet potatoes which serves as a perfect moreish appetizer !!!
- Adjust the sriracha sauce according to spiciness you prefer.