Asparagus has a lot of health benefits. It is a good source of nutrients and antioxidants as it’s loaded with vitamins, minerals and folate. We often stir fry asparagus or use it in salads. I tried soup with asparagus this time and it turned out to be super yummy.
I haven’t added any cream or milk in this recipe as it was perfect by itself.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Asparagus- 400 gms, chopped into pieces
- Cucumber – 1 medium, grated
- Onion – 1, roughly chopped
- Garlic – 4 cloves, roughly chopped
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Dried Oregano – as needed
- Trim the bottom end of the asparagus and discard. Chop the remaining asparagus into pieces.
- Peel the cucumber and grate them.
- Add salt to the cucumber and mix well.
- Transfer to a colander to drain the excess water.
- In a pan, add butter, Bay leaf .
- Add chopped onions and garlic and sauté till they change colour.
- Add the chopped asparagus and sauté for a minute.
- Now, press the grated cucumber with salt to drain the excess water.
- Add them to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes till they are tender and cooked.
- Switch off and let it cool.
- Grind them with 1.5 cups water.
- Garnish with dried oregano and chopped asparagus!!
Enjoy the healthy soup without cream !! Tasty, light and perfect !!!!
- Do not over cook the asparagus as it can lose its health benefits.