Wheat Appam is a sweet dish made during festival times like Krishna Jayanthi, Kaarthigai Deepam. We make it usually as a snack too.
It’s made using wheat flour and jaggery. Here I have added white chocolate to it to make it more exciting for the kids.
Ingredients ( Makes 15)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Banana – 1, medium and mashed
- Cardamom – 2, broken
- White Chocolate – 2 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Ghee – as needed
- Water – as needed
- Add 1/4 cup water to the jaggery and boil it till it liquifies. Filter it o remove any impurities.
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, mashed banana, jaggery water and salt.
- Mix well to bring it to batter consistency that is not so runny.
- Heat a aapa pan, add ghee to the slots.
- Now pour in 1/2 ladle of batter to it.
- Add the chocolate bits to them.
- Again add some batter to it.
- Cover and cook in low flame till the ends come out and is slightly brown.
- Flip and cook till the aapam is cooked completely and turns golden brown.
- Repeat the steps for the remaining batter.
Enjoy the toothsome chocolate wheat aapam.
- You can add 2 tsp of rice flour to make it more crispy but we love the soft aapam.
- You can add nuts of your choice.
- You can add any type of chocolate to it.