Masala Dosa is undeniably the most popular and yummy variation of the South-Indian food Dosa. It is most easy to make when you have the dosa batter ready and is delicious too.
Masala dosa is so tasty, soft and crisp with spiced potato stuffing in it adding to the flavour and aroma and when had with with sambar / chutney and is any day the most comforting meal !!!
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 25 mins
- Dosa batter – 3 cups
- Potatoes – 3, cubed
- Onion – 1, thinly sliced
- Green chillies – 2, slit
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – as required
- Jeera / Cumin – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch, chopped
- Hing – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – as required
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp, chopped
- Wash and cut the potatoes into pieces. Pressure cook them for 4 whistles with enough water and salt.
- Once pressure settles, peel them and mash the potatoes.
- In a pan, add oil, jeera, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves.
- Once they start to splutter add the onions and fry till transparent.
- Add the mashed potatoes.
- Add turmeric powder, and mix well.
- Switch off and add coriander leaves and mix again.
- Heat a tawa, drizzle oil and when the tawa is hot, pour a ladle of batter and make dosa.
- Flip the dosa if you want. And flip again and place some prepared potato masala at the centre. Fold the dosa and serve !!
- Repeat the steps above to make all the dosas.
Enjoy the masala dosa hot with sambar/ chutney.