Gobi 65 is a very popular and crispy vegetarian appetizer. The cauliflower is deep fried to crisp and it’s tempered with spices which adds to its flavor and taste.
It always turns out to be Super delicious and more tastier than the restaurant ones!!
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Cauliflower – 400 gms
- Besan flour/Kadalai Maavu – 5 tbsp (heaped)
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp (to temper)
- Mustard – 1/4 tsp
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies- 2, slit
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – to deep fry
- Separate the cauliflower florets and add them to hot water and salt. Leave them for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water from the florets using a colander.
- In a bowl, add all the spice powders along with ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Add the drained cauliflowers and toss them.
- Now add water little by little and mix well to coat all the cauliflower with the batter.
- Heat the oil in a pan.Drop the batter coated in the florets one by one to the hot oil.
- Flip and cook the cauliflower till golden brown. Drain the excess oil in a kitchen towel.
- Repeat the steps to all the cauliflower florets.
- Now in a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, mustard, jeera, green chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic and sauté till they change colour.
- Switch off the flame and add the deep fried crispy cauliflower to the pan and toss well.
Tempting and delicious Gobi 65 is ready !!! You can have them as a starter or snack. We love them with tea in the evenings !!!
- Be careful while adding water to prepare the batter, add water little by little.