Murukku is a easy ready to go snack that can be made quickly and stays food for a week at least. They are my kids favourite.
We generally make murukku on any day but festive days make it more special. There are so many variations that can made to the murukku, I have tried peanut murukku which is one of the easiest murukku with a mild peanut flavour!!
Ingredients (makes 170gms)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Groundnut flour – 1/4 cup ( with/ without skin)
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Ajwain / Oman – 1/2 tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Hing – a pinch
- Salt – as needed
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Oil – to deep fry
- Sieve the rice flour, groundnut flour and add it to a bowl.
- Add sesame seeds, ajwain, salt, red chilli powder to it.
- Add 1 tbsp of hot oil / ghee and knead to a soft dough with little water.
- Heat oil till hot.
- Now take the murukku maker and put a part of dough into it.
- Make murukku by pressing the maker.
- You can directly press in the hot oil or can use a ladle for the murukku and then drop it in oil as shown.
- Deep fry the murukku in medium flame till golden brown, flipping occasionally.
- When done, remove them and place them in kitchen towels to drain excess oil.
- Tasty peanut murukku is ready. You can store them in a air tight container for 7 days.
Enjoy the crunchy and tasty Peanut murukku for snacks !!! You can make it for festivals like Krishna Jayanthi, Deepavali and Karthigai Deepam too !!
- Dry roast the groundnuts till they change colour slightly. Cool them and grind them to fine powder. You can either remove the skin or have it.
- Seive the flour to have a smoot dough.
- Be careful while adding water so not to make it runny.