Paneer or Cottage cheese is indispensable in most vegetarian dishes. It is rich in vitamin D and fiber and is also known to regulate blood sugar levels.
Paneer Paratha is prepared by using paneer and whole wheat flour and making flat breads. It’s a very easy and healthy recipe that can be had for breakfast or dinner.
Ingredients (Makes 9 to 10)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 25 mins
- Wheat flour – 1.5 cups
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Green chilli – 1, finely chopped
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Water – as required
- Oil – as required
- In a bowl , add wheat flour, salt, green chilli, crumbled paneer, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, 1 tsp oil, water.
- Knead it to a soft dough. Let it rest for 10 mins.
- Make equal size balls out of it.
- Press the balls flat.
- Heat a tawa, drizzle oil and add the Paratha. Cook in medium flame till the base layer turn slight brown.
- Flip, add a little more oil and cook the other side.
- Repeat the steps for the remaining balls too.
Serve the paneer Paratha hot with curd/raita, pickle.
- I have used homemade paneer. You can use the store brought one too. If using frozen, remember to immerse in hot water until use.