Quinoa and eggplant is a classic combo that can never fail. I have baked cooked quinoa and roasted eggplant with herbs infused and topped with homemade tomato marinara sauce and cheese.
You can make the tomato marinara sauce before and can use in this recipe to make it more easier.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
|Preparation time – 15 mins|
Cooking time – 25 mins
- Eggplant / Aubergine – 1 big
- Quinoa – 1/2 cup, raw
- Tomato Marinara Sauce – as required
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Thyme – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – a small bunch, finely chopped
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Mozzarella Cheese – as needed
- Red chilli flakes – for seasoning
- Cut the Eggplant in circles of 1/2 inch thickness.
- Scrape and remove the seeds with the help of a spoon.
- Add salt to it and let it rest in a colander for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, wash the Quinoa well and cook in required water.
- Drain the excess water from quinoa and wash under running water.
- Add coriander leaves, salt and lime juice to Quinoa and mix well.
- After 15 mins, pat the eggplant dry with the help of kitchen towel.
- Add the oregano, thyme and red chilli powder to the eggplant slices.
- Drizzle oil to a tawa, and add the eggplant slices.
- Cook them covered for 10 mins in medium flame.
- Flip them to cook them evenly on both sides.
- Now in a baking dish, place the prepared Quinoa as the bottom layer.
- Add the tomato marinara sauce top of it as the next layer.
- Add the roasted eggplant slices to it.
- Add some more tomato marinara sauce and cheese to the top layer.
- You can now bake in an oven or stovetop. I have baked in a stovetop.
- In a wide pan, add salt / sand and place a stand to raise the height.
- Close with a lid and preheat for 8 minutes in medium flame.
- Place the baking dish on top of the stand.
- Close with a lid. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in medium flame. You can see the cheese starting to melt.
- Switch off and remove the dish from the pan.
The luscious and scrumptious Baked Quinoa with roasted Eggplant and cheese is ready to be served !!!
- The layering can be done as per your preference.
- There is no general hard and fast rules for how much sauce or cheese you should add.. You can add as you like !!