Paneer masala dosa is a healthy, tasty version of dosa stuffed with paneer masala. The stuffing is crunchy, spicy and tangy and adds a distinctive taste to the dosa.
Homemade paneer gives a soft and tasty paneer. Enjoy the paneer masala dosa for breakfast or dinner. Kids will love them too.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Homemade Paneer – 100gms, cut into pieces
- Dosa Batter – As required
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Tomato – 2, finely chopped
- Carrot – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Bell peppers – 3 tbsp, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Corriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Amchur powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curd / yogurt- 2 tbsp
- Corriander leaves – for garnishing
- Butter/ ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cumin / Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Green chilli – 2, slit
- In a pan, add ghee, jeera, green chilli, cumin, curry leaves and allow it to splutter.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes off.
- Add onion and fry till transparent.
- Add carrot and sauté for a minute.
- Add the bell peppers and sauté for two mins.
- Add tomato and salt and sauté till they turn mushy.
- Add all the spice powders and mix well.
- Cook for 3 mins till it oozes out oil.
- Simmer and add curd and mix well.
- Add the paneer pieces and mix carefully.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with corriander leaves.
- Heat a tawa and pour a ladle of dosa batter to make dosa.
- Drizzle oil and wait for it to get cooked. You can flip dosa if you like.
- Add some prepared paneer masala on it and and serve.
Relish the delicious paneer masala dosa made with homemade idli dosa batter for breakfast or dinner !!!
- I have used homemade paneer, you can use store bought fresh or frozen paneer too. If you are using frozen paneer, immerse it in hot water till use.
- I like tangy taste of amchur powder with paneer, you can skip it and add lime juice instead.
- I like to have bites of paneer, you can crumble it if you like.
- You can replace ghee with oil but ghee adds an awesome flavor and taste to the dish.
- Add curd only in low flame else it will curdle.