Paneer is a good source of protein and has many nutritive values. Soft and fresh paneer can be prepared at home with just 2 ingredients and is very soft and tastes better than the one available at shops.
Try this at home and enjoy !!!
Ingredients (makes 200 gms)
|Cooking time – 10 mins|
Resting time – 30 mins
- Full fat milk – 1 litre
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- In a pan, boil milk in medium flame.
- Stir occasionally to prevent malai formation and also from milk sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the milk boils and starts to raise, switch off the flame.
- Add the lemon juice and mix.
- Wait for the whey to separate.
- Stir once or twice to check if all of the milk is curdled.
- If it’s not fully curdled, you can slightly warm the milk and add some more lemon juice.
- Let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place a cotton / muslin cloth over a colander and drain the whey to separate the paneer.
- Wash in running water.
- Tie the cloth tight to squeeze water. You can use a light weight / palms to gently squeeze out water.
- Place a light weight on top and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the knot and cut the paneer to desire shape and size.
- 1 litre of milk yields around 200 gms of fresh paneer.
Fresh, soft and healthy homemade paneer is ready. You can use it in many other recipes.
- Don’t squeeze hard as it can cause the paneer to crumble and make it hard too.
- Whey can be used to prepare chapati dough, in gravies and fruit and vegetable juices.
- You can refrigerate and use the paneer for 2 days.