Coconut Chutney is a South Indian accompaniment made with coconut pulp, fried gram and green chilli. It is used as a side for most of the snacks and South Indian breakfast like Idly, Dosa, Pongal and many more.
It is a simple, quick and healthy side which can be prepared in less than 10 mins.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
- Coconut – 1 cup, roughly chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch, finely chopped
- Green chilli – 2, roughly chopped
- Fried Gram – 2.5 tbsp
- Water – as required
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Red chilli – 1
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- In a blender, add coconut, ginger, green chilli, fried gram and salt.
- Blend them smooth with water.
- Temper with oil, mustard, urad dal, red chilli and curry leaves.
It can be served as a side with the South Indian tiffin varieties.