Raita is a condiment made of curd with raw to cooked vegetables. The Beetroot Raita is made with cooked beetroot and coconut paste with curd.
Healthy, nutritious Beetroot raita can be had as accompaniment to rice or naan / paratha of your choice.
Ingredients (Serves 2 to 3)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Curd – 1/2 cup thick
- Beetroot – 1/2 , grated
- Coconut – 3 tbsp , grated
- Green chilli – 1, roughly chopped
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 4 to 5 leaves
- Water – as required
- Cook beetroot in a little water with turmeric and salt.
- Grind coconut, green chillies and jeera with water to form a paste.
- Add the coconut paste to the beetroot and cook for 2 mins and switch off.
- Whisk the curd with water, add it to the beetroot and mix well.
- Temper with mustard and curry leaves.
We enjoyed the delicious, colorful Beetroot raita with Bisibelebath.