Quinoa is a healthy plant based protein and is also rich in minerals, fibers and anti oxidants. It is also known as super grain which is rapidly gaining popularity due to its health benefits.
Quinoa Vegetable Fritters is an easy recipe when you are looking for ways to use the leftover Quinoa. They are crunchy, delicious and very easy to prepare. You can have them as a snack or a light dinner too !!
Ingredients (Makes 12)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Quinoa – cooked, 1 cup
- Carrot – 1 small, peeled and grated
- Zucchini – 1, peeled and grated
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Bread crumbs – 1/4 cup
- Dried Oregano – 1 tsp
- Dried thyme – 1 tsp
- Pepper – as needed
- Salt – as needed
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Salt – as required
- Grate Zucchini and add salt and keep it aside for 2 mins.
- Squeeze out the water from zucchini and add the zucchini along with quinoa and grated carrot.
- Add salt, herbs, wheat flour, Baking powder and mix well.
- Heat a tawa and drizzle with oil.
- Flatten the mixture to form patties and coat them with bread crumbs.
- Place the fritters on the tawa.
- Cook in medium flame till the edges are slightly brown.
- Flip and cook until done adding little more oil if required.
- To prepare the dip, add the minced garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and mix well.
Enjoy the healthy vegetable quinoa fritters with the garlic yogurt dip !!
- You can add onions or other vegetables of your choice too !!