Galouti Kebab are said to be originated from the Indian Sub Contient and generally made using minced meat. The vegetarian version is made using ground Rajma with onion and spices.
Galouti means soft and these are melt in mouth kebabs that are so tasty and flavorful.
Ingredients (Makes 12)
|Soaking time – Overnight|
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Rajma – 1 cup cooked
- Fried Onions – 1 small, finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 3 cloves, cut into pieces
- Cashew – 1/4 cup
- Mint leaves – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 big, finely chopped
- Potato – 1 small, boiled
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder -1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg powder – a pinch
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Besan flour – 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Lime Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – as needed
- Soak Rajma overnight and pressure cook with enough water for 6 whistles.
- Cool and grind with fried onions, cashews, mint leaves, garlic, ginger and little water to make a thick paste.
- Add salt, all the spice powders, besan flour and mashed potato.
- Add onion, coriander leaves and lime juice. Mix them well.
- Roll and flat them with your palm.
- Heat a tawa, drizzle oil and place the kebab.
- Cook till the base turns brown and flip.
- Drizzle little more oil and cook til done.
- Transfer to the plate and garnish with onions and coriander leaves.
Serve hot with green chutney and tomato sauce !!!
- Adjust the spice levels based on your taste. Mine was mildly spicy.