Burrito is a Mexican dish made with a tortilla wrapped close with stuffing.
There are number of ways to prepare a burrito. Here I have prepared a tasty stuffing using mango quinoa, hummus, salsa, red beans and veggies of our choice. On a busy day, you can prep-ahead the stuffing and prepare burritos by just layering and wrapping in no time.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Soaking time – 10 hours or Overnight|
Preparation time – 20 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Tortillas – 7
- Mango Quinoa – 1 cup
- Onion – 1/2, sliced
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
- Bell Peppers – 1 cup, sliced all colours
- Asparagus – 4 thin, chopped
- Paneer – 100gms
- Red beans – 1/2 cup
- Hummus – 1/4 cup
- Tomato salsa – 1/2 cup
- Cumin / Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Soak the red beans for 10 hours or overnight.
- Slice all the veggies.
- In a pan, add oil, onion, garlic and sauté till transparent.
- Add all the veggies and add salt and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin powder and sauté again till the veggies are cooked yet crunchy.
- Add the paneer and mix well.
- Cook the soaked red beans in enough water. Drain the water and keep the beans aside.
- Prepare the Mango Quinoa using this recipe.
- Prepare tomato salsa using this recipe.
- Prepare hummus using this recipe.
- Prepare the tortillas.
- Add the sautéed veggies, red beans, hummus, quinoa and tomato salsa to tortillas.
- Wrap them and serve.
The yummy Burritos can be had as a lunch or a dinner!!!