Vaazhakkai / Raw Banana is rich in fiber, good for diabetes and an excellent source of vitamins.
This Vaazhakkai fry is a simple recipe that can be made on a busy day. It’s easy yet yummy and is a favorite dish for my kids !!
Ingredients (Serves 2 to 3)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 10 – 15 mins
- Raw Banana / Vaazhakkai – 2 small
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Groundnut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Dried Red Chilli – 2
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Split urid dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Chop the Vaazhakai into small pieces and immerse in water till use.
- Drain water from the Vaazhakai and add it to the pan. Give a stir.
- In a pan, add oil and when hot temper with mustard, dried red chilli, split urid dal and curry leaves.
- Now add all the spice powders with salt and mix well to coat the Vaazhakai well with them.
- Close and cook for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Open and stir again, adding little oil if needed and close.
- Once Vaazhakkai is cooked, fry in medium flame in open pan.
- Continue frying till the Vaazhakai is roasted as much as you need.
- Serve the Vaazhakai fry with rice.
We had Curd Rice and Vaazhakai fry and it was simply yummmmm !!!!
- Make sure to cover and cook in low flame initially.
- You can replace coriander powder, red chilli powder with sambar powder as well.