It’s savory, sour – and as spicy as you want it to be. A Chinese restaurant all time favorite!! Sourness comes from the vinegar while spiciness is from the chilli sauce and pepper powder.
Ingredients (Serves 5)
|Preparation time – 15 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Ginger – 2 inches, finely chopped
- Carrot – 1 small, finely chopped
- Red Bell pepper – 1/2, finely chopped
- Celery – 3 stalks, finely chopped
- Beans – 8 to 10, finely chopped
- Chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 4 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Spring onions – for garnishing
- Vegetable Stock / Water – 4 cups
- Corn starch – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Pepper – as required
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- In a pan, add oil, onion, garlic, ginger and saute well.
- Add the vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock / water and allow it to boil.
- Mix the chilli sauce, soy sauce and vinegar in a cup.
- Mix the corn starch and 1/4 cup water.
- Add the sauces and the corn starch mixture to the pan and boil in medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
Garnish with spring onions. Enjoy the Homemade Soup as you prefer !!!
- Make sure to saute the beans first followed by carrot and other vegetables as beans would need more time to be cooked.
- I usually like the soup in thin consistency, if you prefer thin increase the cornflour.
- I have used light soy sauce in this recipe, you can use dark soy sauce for more bright color.