Kaara Pori is a must have snack whenever you visit the beach. It is a vegan, zero oil and low calorie snack that can be easily prepared at home.
It is a healthy snack that you can prepare anytime with easily available ingredients. Kids love it.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Soaking time – 3 to 4 hours|
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Dry Peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Carrot – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Raw Mango – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Puffed rice – 1.5 cups
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Soak the dry peanuts for 3 to 4 hours in water.
- In a pan, add the soaked peanuts along with enough water and salt. Boil for 15 mins and drain the water.
- Take a bowl and add onion, carrot, mango, boiled peanuts and coriander leaves.
- Add the puffed rice, red chilli powder, salt and lemon juice. Mix them well.
Garnish with coriander leaves and the tangy kaara pori is ready to be served !!!
- Make sure to soak the peanuts for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve immediately after adding puffed rice to avoid it turning soggy.
- Adjust the red chilli powder and lemon juice according to your taste.