Pesarattu / Pesara attu is a healthy variety of dosa from the Andhra cuisine which is made by blending green gram with green chilli, ginger and jeera. Unlike dosa, it does not contain urad dal.
Pesarattu is eaten as a breakfast or dinner. It is rich in protein and carbs.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Soaking time – 4 hours|
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Green gram – 1 cup
- Rice – 2 tbsp
- Green chilli – 3, roughly chopped
- Cumin – 2 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Salt – as required
- Water – as required
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Coriander – a bunch, finely chopped
- Mix the green gram and rice and soak it in water for 4 hours.
- In a blender, add the soaked green gram rice mixture, green chilli, cumin, ginger, salt and very little water.
- Blend them smooth until you get the batter like texture.
- Heat a tawa and drizzle oil.
- When hot, pour a ladle of batter. Add some onions and coriander and cook it till the base turns light brown in color.
- Flip and cook the other side. Repeat the steps to prepare the pesarattu.
The yummy pesarattu is ready !!! It can be served with Sambar or Coconut chutney.
- Make sure to soak the green gram and rice for atleast 4 hours.
- Adjust the green chilli based on your spice levels.