Hummus is a dip / spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas blended with tahini, lemon juice and garlic. It is popular in the middle east.
I have tried the basic version of Hummus which can be used as a side for bread, salads and burritos.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Soaking time – Overnight|
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Cooked chickpea – 1.5 cups
- Garlic – 2 cloves, roughly chopped
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Water – as required
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- While sesame seeds – 1/4 cup
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Soak the chickpea overnight and cook it for 4 whistles in a cooker.
- To prepare the Tahini sauce, dry roast the white sesame seeds.
- In a blender, add the roasted sesame seeds, 2 tbsp oil and a pich of salt and blend it smooth. Keep the sauce aside.
- In a blender, add the cooked chickpea and all other ingredients.
- Add the tahini sauce.
- Blend it by adding required water until you get a smooth consistency.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds, a pinch of cumin powder and olive oil.
The yummy and healthy Hummus is ready !!! It can be had as a side to salads / burritos and can be served with bread too.
- The cooked chickpea content is measured in this recipe.
- This recipe is not spicy. Based on your spice levels, you can adjust the red chilli powder.