Pancakes are an easy breakfast option. They are usually made using all purpose flour. In this recipe, i have tried an healthier option by using apples, whole wheat flour and chia seeds.
Apple Wheat pancakes are quick yet yummy breakfast, perfect for a busy morning.
Ingredients (Makes 9)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Wheat flour – 1.5 cups
- Apples – 2 large, peeled and diced
- Coconut milk – 3/4 cup
- Apple cider – 2 tsp
- Brown sugar – 1 tbsp
- Chia seeds – 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Baking powder – 1.5 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Maple Syrup / Honey – 2 tsp
- Coconut Oil – As required
- Banana – for garnishing
- Chocolate syrup – for garnishing
- Blend the apples smooth and transfer to a bowl.
- Add chia seeds, vanilla extract, honey / maple syrup, coconut milk to the blended apples and mix well.
- In another bowl, add wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix well.
- Add the mixed flour to the apple mixture and blend well until the batter is fluffy.
- In a pan, drizzle oil and pour a ladle of batter.
- Cook in medium flame till the base turns brown.
- Flip and cook the other side too.
- Repeat the steps to prepare all the pancakes.
Garnish with banana pieces and chocolate syrup and enjoy the pancakes !!!
- While preparing the batter, add the wheat flour in small quantities to the blended mixture and mix well.