Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids. Quinoa combined with the crunchy vegetables is a perfect recipe with high fiber content and vitamins, for people who are diet conscious.
Quinoa lettuce wraps are apt for breakfast or a light dinner.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Quinoa – 1 cup cooked
- Lettuce – 6 leaves
- Onion – 1 sliced
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves, chopped
- Mushrooms – 3 to 4 pieces, chopped
- Paneer / Cottage cheese – 75 gms to 100 gms
- Carrot – 1 medium, sliced
- Bell peppers (Red and Yellow) – 1/2 each, sliced
- Schezwan sauce – 3 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- In a pan, add oil , add onions, garlic and fry till the onions are transparent.
- Add carrot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Bell peppers and saute for a minute.
- Add mushrooms, paneer, salt and cook for 3 to 4 minutes till the veggies are cooked yet crunchy.
- Add the schezwan sauce, soy sauce and mix.
- Add the cooked quinoa and toss well to mix with sauce and veggies.
- On the serving plate, place lettuce leaves and add the cooked quinoa stuffing.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy your healthy yet yummy lettuce wraps !!!
- You can add vegetables of your choice.
- Make sure the vegetables are cooked crunchy.
- If you are using frozen paneer, keep it immersed in hot water.
- Adjust the Schezwan sauce according to your spice levels.