Mildly colored and flavorful Thai inspired pumpkin yellow curry is our favorite. This Curry mixed with rice serves as a hearty and satisfying meal. This gravy with coconut milk and added vegetables is so rich and healthy.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 15 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Onion – 1 medium sized, cut into cubes
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
- Pumpkin – 1 small sized, cut into cubes
- Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow) – 1/2 each, cut into cubes
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Coconut Cream (thick) – 1/4 cup
- Coconut Cream (thin) – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Salt – As required
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
Yellow Curry paste
- Lemon grass – 2 stalks, cut into pieces
- Shallots – 5, chopped
- Garlic – 7 cloves, chopped
- Cumin seeds / Jeera – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch, chopped
- Thai Red bird eye chilli / Fresh Red Chilli – 2, chopped
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Lemon zest – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut cream (thick) – 3 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric – 3/4 tsp
- Water – As required
- To prepare the yellow curry paste, grind all the ingredients with little water.
- In a pan, add oil, onions, garlic and saute for 2 mins till the onions turns transparent.
- Add pumpkin and cook for 3 mins till it turns soft.
- Add bell peppers and saute for a minute.
- Now add the yellow curry paste, thick coconut cream and cook in low flame until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the thin coconut cream and give it a stir.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy !!! It can be served with rice, quinoa.
- Make sure not to overcook pumpkin as it turns mushy.
- You can other veggies like carrot, broccoli, baby corn too.
- Gravy was little spicy as we love it so.
- Garnish with cashews if desired.