Chia seeds are known as “superfood” as they are great immunity booster and contains loads of vitamins. Chia seeds combined with the unique taste of Jackfruit is a delicacy which satisfies your taste buds.
Here I tried a pudding recipe which is very healthy and easy to prepare.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
|Preparation time – 2 mins|
Cooking time – 10 mins
Refrigerating time – 3 hours
- Chia seeds – 1/4 cup
- Coconut milk – 1 cup + 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder / Vanilla extract – 1/4 tsp
- Maple syrup / Brown sugar – 3 tbsp
- Jack fruit – 4 pieces, deseeded
- Banana – 2 medium sized
- Take 1/4 cup Chia seeds and mix it with 1 cup coconut milk in a bowl.
- Add Cocoa powder / Vanilla extract and Maple syrup to it and stir well.
- Let it settle down for 5 mins and stir well again.
- Refrigerate the chia seed pudding for 2 to 3 hours. Stir it every 30 mins.
- In a blender, add jack fruit, bananas and 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- Blend it smooth. Refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Add the Chia seed pudding and top it with the fruit blend.
- Garnish it with few pieces of jack fruit and there you go !!!
- I bet this dessert will give you a very different taste, richness and a great experience for your taste buds.
- Maple syrup is used as sweetener here, You can replace it with brown sugar as well.
- I have used the Chia seeds from “Nature’s Superfoods” brand, it was very good. You can try it from any other brand too.
- For a more chilled version, you can leave it refrigerated overnight and can have this as breakfast.