Apples are one of the easily available fruit and it can be had raw or can be used to make juice or any dessert. I wanted to try an easy and quick dessert with apples.
Apple Crisps are tender, lightly spiced and crunchy at the same time. They require very few ingredients and can be made in oven or stove top.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Apple – 2 chopped into cubes
- oats – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 1/4 cup sliced
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – 3 tsp
- Maple syrup – 2 tbsp
- Whipped cream / ice cream – for topping
- Dark chocolate – for topping
- In a pan add 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, maple syrup and when it starts to bubble add oats , sliced almonds and stir for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Cool it in a plate lined with baking paper.Crispy topping is ready.
- In same pan add 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1tsp cinnamon powder and apples and stir for a minute.
- Cook closed for 3 to 4 mins until apples are soft.
- Transfer the apples to a bowl and add the topping. (Just crush the oat almond mixture and add).
- Top it with whipped cream/ ice cream.
- Can add some grated Dark chocolate too.
- You can add raisins along with the almonds.
- The oats mixture will be crispy, hence crush it while topping.
- You can prepare the same in oven too.