Celery is good source of anti-oxidants and rich in vitamins and minerals. It has lot of health benefits and helps in digestion too. I wanted to introduce it in our diet and tried making the Celery soup. I have added potato in this recipe to get a good texture.
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Celery stalks – 5, cut into pieces
- Potato – 1 big, peeled and cut into cubes
- Olive oil / Butter – 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Onion – 1 medium / Shallots – 5 to 6, cut into pieces
- Garlic – 5 cloves, cut into pieces
- Cooking cream – 2 tbsp
- Celery leaves – for garnishing
- Pepper – As required
- Salt – As required
- While chopping celery remember use peeler to remove the thick skin.
- In a pan, add olive oil, bay leaf, onion, garlic and sauté for a minute. Make sure that they don’t turn brown.
- Now add celery, potato and salt and saute for 5 mins.
- Add water/vegetable stock and cook covered for 15 mins till the vegetables are soft and cooked.
- Remove the bay leaf and transfer to blender to blend smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a pan and add cream.
- Garnish with fresh/ stir fried celery leaves.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Ensure to remove the thick skins from celery stalks completely.
- Adding cream is optional.