Basmati rice is a fragrant long grain rice prominently used in the sub-continents. It has a distinct nutty flavor and aroma similar to that of jasmine rice.
It can be used to make pilaf/pulao or can be served with gravies/curries.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
|Preparation time – 30 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Rice – 1 cup
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Water – as needed
- Wash and soak rice for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the drained rice to the boiling water.
- Add salt and 1 tsp of oil.
- Cook for around 10 mins / until the rice is done.
- Transfer the rice to a colander and drain the water.
- Wash the cooked rice in tap water.
- Fluffy Basmati rice is ready to be served.