Had purple sweet potato in the kitchen and decided to try the long awaited sweet potato soup.
My hubby was reluctant to try yet we decided to give it a shot. The soup came out very thick tasty and colorful by itself.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
• Sweet potato – 2 medium sized
• Onion – 1 small
• Garlic – 5 cloves
• Pepper – ½ tsp
• Thyme – ½ tsp
• Vegetable stock / water – 2
• Salt – as needed
• Butter / olive oil – 2 tbsp
• Cut sweet potato, onion into cubes.
• Chop garlic roughly.
• In a pan, add oil/butter and fry onion, garlic and sweet potato.
• Cook for around 3 mins and add thyme and stir well.
• Add the vegetable stock/water and cook it covered for 15 mins.
• Switch off and let it cool.
• Transfer to a blender and blend it well with some water to achieve the desired consistency.
• Add pepper powder if needed.
You can garnish with cream if needed. The soup itself was thick and creamy and can be had as such. We enjoyed the vibrant colored soup.